Bush out of Baghdad, Canada out of Kandahar!
Endorse the Montreal Anti-Imperialist Contingent
January 15, 2007
This coming March 2007 will mark the 4th anniversary of the US-led invasion and occupation of Iraq. George Bush has just announced an increase of US troops into Iraq, all while the death toll of Iraqi civilians rises drastically. US gunships currently attack civilians in Somalia as the so-called "War on Terror" expands.
Meanwhile, Canada actively supports US-led imperialism in the Middle East and beyond, with the deployment of more than 2000 troops in Afghanistan, and the profiteering of Canadian multinationals (as well as the complicity of so-called "development" agencies and NGOs). Stephen Harper's description of Israeli aggression against the people of Lebanon and Palestine as "proportionate and measured" this summer only reinforces Canada's active support for Western imperialism in the Middle East.
In opposition to US/Canadian imperialism, and the continued occupation of Iraq, we will take the streets again this March 2007.
Following up on the successful anti-imperialist contingent this past October 28, 2006 against Canada's occupation of Afghanistan, Block the Empire is organizing another contingent for Montreal-area demos.
The BLOCK THE EMPIRE anti-imperialist contingent will be a "child-friendly" march. We will be joining and supporting the Échec à la guerre demonstration; while organizing autonomously as a contingent.
We march in opposition to war at home and abroad, and against US/Canadian imperialism. We reiterate our slogan from October 2006: Occupation anywhere, resistance everywhere!
We are denouncing war and occupation, and supporting grassroots resistance: Iraq ... Afghanistan ... Palestine ... Lebanon ... Iraq ... Iran ... Bolivia ... Colombia ... Mapuche territory ... Oaxaca ... Chiapas ... Philippines ... Haiti ... Six Nations ... Kahnawake ... Kanehsatake ... Nitassinan ... Turtle Island ... everywhere!.
We will have more details about the contingent in the coming weeks.
--> If your group, organization or collective ENDORSES the anti-imperialist contingent in opposition to the continued occupation of Iraq and Canadian complicity with US-led imperialism, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-848-7583.
--> If you can get involved in ORGANIZING & MOBILIZING for the anti-imperialist contingent, get in touch as well. We need lots of help and support with outreach efforts.
INFO: email@example.com - 514-848-7583
The following groups endorsed the anti-imperialist contingent on October 28, 2006. We are hoping all these groups, and many more groups and individuals will endorse the Anti-Imperialist Contingent that takes the streets of Montreal in March 2007:
- Association étudiante du cégep de Saint-Laurent (AECSL)
- Association facultaire des étudiants en sciences humaines de l'UQÀM
- Association générale étudiante du Cégep du Vieux-Montréal (AGECVM)
- Association des Jeunes Libanais Musulman-Montréal
- Center for Philippine Concerns (CPC)
- Coalition Against the Deportation of Palestinian Refugees (CADPR)
- Comité d'action politique-UQÀM
- Le Collectif opposé à la brutalité policière (COBP)
- Le Comité des sans-emploi (Montréal-Centre)
- Documentation Information Ressources Alternatives (DIRA)
- Groupe d'action et de sensibilisation au pouvoir étudiant (GRASPÉ-McGill)
- Haiti Action Montreal
- La Otra Campaña Montréal
- Immigrant Workers Center (IWC)
- International Solidarity Movement (ISM)-Montreal
- Libertad (Cégep du Vieux-Montréal)
- No One Is Illegal-Montreal/Personne n'est illégal-Montréal
- La Pointe Libertaire
- Projet Accompagnement Solidarité Colombie (PASC)
- La RueBrique
- Quebec Public Interest Research Group (QPIRG-McGill)
- Quebec Public Interest Research Group (QPIRG-Concordia)
- Réseau anarchiste en milieu étudiant (RAMÉ)
- Résistance haïtienne au Québec
- Solidarité sans frontières/Solidarity Across Borders
- Solidarity for Palestinian Human Rights (SPHR)-Concordia
- Students Taking Action in Chiapas (STAC)
- L'Observatoire de l'Asie Centrale et du Moyen-Orient
- Le Centre d'Asie du Sud (CERAS)
- Tadamon! Montréal
- Unité des socialistes iraniens à Montréal